While most of us might be more inclined to buy those high-end, branded makeup products *cough* Estee *cough* Lauder, some drugstore makeup products are just as good as or even better than the popular high-end brands. And if you’re still asking yourself – branded or drugstore, we’re here to recommend 24 drugstore makeup products that you definitely need to add to your cart now.
Let’s start off with the basics, primers:
- More commonly known as the dupe of Benefit’s Porefessional, the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser ($21.90) is the best drugstore primer you can get to achieve that mistake-proof, poreless smooth skin.
Promising review: “Wow! This primer! Forget high end primers. This can be compared to the Benefit Porefessional primer and it has a very creamy texture. My skin feels so smooth after I applied the product and it helped my makeup go on flawlessly. – Shannah”
- If you’re a fan of Hourglass Primers, you might want to try the NYX Professional Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer ($25) because of its similar silky and light formula. Apply a thin layer on your face to create a smooth uniform canvas that minimises shine.
Promising review: “This product does come out thicker than the Hourglass, and slightly chunky. But once mixed between my fingers, it goes on very similarly to the Hourglass. It’s velvety and smooth, glides over my skin, and fills my pores beautifully. It doesn’t leave me with a white cast as some others have stated, but that could be because I’m very pale. My makeup looked utterly flawless. It lasted an 8 hour day, without creasing, no oil breakthrough and no sliding. I’m very impressed! – KillerKungFuWolfBitch”
- Achieve the perfect skin texture instantly with the L’Oréal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer ($23.90) that glides easily onto your skin, minimising pores and fine lines.
Promising review: “This works with my oily skin. keeps my foundation velvety smooth, matte, flawless and last all day. Some may have trouble applying this, but you just have to pat and rub lightly. If you have oily and large pores, you’ll love this. Love it, way better than any high end primer. – chai24”
- If you have oily skin, we’ll recommend trying The Ordinary High Adherence Silicone Primer ($9.89). This advanced primer helps to blur any imperfections on your face, helping your makeup last longer, giving your skin a matte finish.
Promising review: “Ah-mazing for oily skin. My best friend bought this for me. I had not even thought or heard anything about this. Boy am I glad she opened my eyes, this makes you look poreless and keeps foundation anchored to your face. I will certainly repurchase. This is a swell product that is cheap and works well. I love the packaging too. – mwebba1”
- Highly raved about by many beauty influencers, the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Foundation ($29.90) promises to be ultra-lightweight and creamy to apply, and giving you the best demi-matte finish.
Promising review: “This is the only foundation that matches my asian golden undertone. I have tried dozens of foundation from drugstore to high-end but none came as close to this one. It neither broke me out nor oxidised on me. Covers pretty good & stays matte for good 4 hours. – joti67”
- The L’Oréal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation ($31) is designed with a skin precision technology that helps to precisely match the Asian skin undertone. With added pearlizer and ultra-fine pigments, this foundation gives you the best flawless, natural yet high-coverage finish you can ever have.
Promising review: “I’ve used this foundation for years and have found it to be one of my absolute favourite drugstore formulas. The coverage is more medium than full, but it still evens out skin tone and covers blemishes well. It’s a super dewy finish, so probably better for those with drier skin and as the product is very liquidy and lightweight, you can really build it up without it looking cakey. – niamhp”
- If you have normal to oily skin, you might want to try out the Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation ($19.90) that is infused with micro-powders that helps control shine and blur pores, giving you a natural and seamless finish.
Promising review: “This is definitely my favourite drugstore foundation. It’s a natural satin-matte finish and has medium to full coverage. I always pick it up when I see it on sale. My oily skin still shines through during the day with this, but nothing a little powder can’t fix. For the price,you can’t beat it. – alexis789”
- Enriched with Vitamin C, Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E, the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation ($29.90) has a highly hydrating skincare formula that helps boost your skin’s natural radiance. It is perfect for combination skin and has a natural finish that lasts up to 16 hours!
Promising review: “This little superstar is among my favourite foundations! I bought it for the first time some years ago when I was a student at uni and high-end stuff was way beyond my means. First off, I really appreciate that it’s a pump type bottle, so it minimises contamination by bacteria and helps protect ingredients that may be unstable and break down if constantly exposed to air. The foundation itself is medium coverage, and has a natural skin-like finish. It feels quite hydrating on so I think this also contributes to the glowy appearance you get with this. – rsg5062”
- Named as a possible dupe of the YSL Fusion Ink foundation, the Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation ($13.50) is a skin-perfecting foundation that helps you deliver the flawless camera-ready, #nofilter look.
Promising review: “Honestly such a great budget foundation. It is also very comparable to my Double Wear and at a fraction of the price. Medium to almost full coverage, smoothing and does not emphasise texture. It’s a tad bit dry on normal skin (oily babes will love it) but moisturising before helps a lot. The smell is a normal foundation-y smell to me, and I don’t mind it, in fact I kinda like it. I prefer no fragrance on my foundation and would rather it smelled like this foundation rather than perfumed like a lot of Chanel/Bourjois foundation is. Is also very long-wearing and does not flake on me. – hazwanrahman”
- If you have sensitive skin, you can consider trying out Physician’s Formula, Inc., Mineral Wear, Cushion Foundation ($35) that comes in a cushion and has a super lightweight formula and has an airbrushed, blurred and correcting formula that leaves your skin looking flawless.
Promising review: “The packaging of this foundation is so adorable. I do enjoy a lot of Physician’s Formula products. This foundation is beautiful! It has a second skin feel and appearance. It does not exaggerate pores or fine lines. Even though I have very oily skin , this foundation holds up pretty well. It lasts me about 6 hours before it starts to show wear off and my nose was super shiny. – akn8v”
We can’t forget about concealers:
- The Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer ($19.90) definitely has to be on this list. A cult favourite among many, this concealer even has a dark circles treatment formula with Haloxyl that promises to instantly cover and reduce puffiness at the eye area.
Promising review: “I was so psyched when this was finally released in darker shades. It’s a great concealer and works beautifully under my eyes and around my mouth. I use Hazelnut to cancel out any darkness and Tan/Caramel to highlight. The undertones look really good on my skin tone. I’ve been using this for about 6-7 months and find that it works with every type of foundation I’ve worn but liquid foundation seems to suit it best. It blends beautifully with a beauty blender and I have been able to spot conceal with Hazelnut alone with translucent powder to set. – dawndie23”
- The best-selling NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Photogenic Concealer Wand ($12) is clearly excellent at what it claims to do – effectively covering imperfections, discolouration and under eye-circles (depending on which colour you get), without ever looking too cakey. Get this for the natural-looking coverage you definitely can count on!
Promising review: “I realy like this concealer. I had the Nars creamy concealer and I may just like this one a bit better actually. Simply because it’s a little thinner so I can customize the coverage better. If I want it to be natural I can even just apply a tiny bit with my finger and tap it in to bend.- luakittn”
- If the foundation range is good, so is the Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer ($15.90) range! Like the foundation, this concealer is perfect for flawless, natural and oil-free coverage, perfect for evening out your complexion.
Promising review: “ By far my favorite drugstore concealer. Full coverage, doesn’t crease, doesn’t look cakey. 10/10. – emilycatharine”
14. If you’re looking for a high coverage concealer, you should definitely try the Wet N Wild Photo Focus™ Concealer ($8.90) that not only promises full coverage but also a white cast-free look! P.S. There are also some reviews claiming that this is the best concealer for acne-prone skin.
Promising review: “I’m loving this concealer. First of all it’s suitable for acne-prone skin, HUGE plus for me cause a lot of skin makeup breaks me out like crazy. The price is good, blends like a dream, not too oily nether too dry – pure perfection. Can’t say anything about the shades as I was able to find good enough match for me. Honestly, it’s a very underrated product which deserves more love and recognition. – foundlostme”
Next up, highlighter, bronzers and blushers:
15. Infused with shimmering pearl pigments, the Wet N Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powder ($12.90) is a holy grail product for many makeup fanatics. If you’re wondering which variation to get, we’ll recommend getting it in “Precious Petals” for a start!
Promising review: “This highlighter is absolutely amazing. It’s seriously the best powder highlighter I’ve ever tried. For years before trying this, the Becca powder highlighter in champagne pop was my holy grail powder highlighter. Precious Petals is actually quite similar to Becca Champagne Pop in all regards, the colour, finish, and pigmented, but there are some differences, and those differences are why I prefer this. – PeachfuzztheFriendlyWolf”
16.The Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer ($21.90) is an ultra-luxurious bronzer that is infused with Murumuru Butter, promising you the radiant Brazilian goddess glow every girl is wishing for. It even has moisturising properties to give you the smooth and gorgeous bronze finish.
Promising review: “I love this bronzer so much!!! This is the best bronzer I’ve ever used. First I was using Hoola bronzer by Benefit, but it was a little to orange/warm on me so I had to switch it up. This bronzer is the perfect color it’s not too warm and it’s not too cool. It has the perfect amount of pigment; you don’t have to worry about going overboard with it because it’s buildable. It also smells great and feels soft on the skin. Amazing bronzer and I got all my friends using it too! – CaliforniaGirl”
17. If you’re looking to achieve that natural flushed look that does not cake on, give the Physician’s Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush ($22) a go. Bonus points for the cute heart-shaped packaging too!
Promising review: “I love this blush! I bought it only for the cute packaging, really, but was pleasantly surprised, it’s one of the only blushes I use now! Mine is in the colour rose and gives me a beautiful natural flush to my cheeks when applied with an angled buffing brush. Highly recommend! – Jc2001”
18. Highly raved about by many beauty YouTubers, the elf Baked Highlighter ($9) is clearly living up to its reputation as the HG and most affordable highlighter. Just a tip though, scrap the top layer off to reveal the soft, beautiful, super pigmented highlighter powder below.
Promising review: “This highlighter is bomb when used correctly (i.e scraping the top layer off). I prefer this over my Becca Moonstone highlight. I like to apply the highlighter directly to my cheeks from the compact (so unhygienic I know!) and use my fingers to disperse the product onto my nose and cupid’s bow. The result is a dewy wet-looking glow that is perfect for light skintones. – Laurelwood”
19. The richly pigmented and highly build-able Milani Baked Blush ($14.90) is a drugstore favourite for good reasons. When applied, it will give you this absolutely beautiful matte and shimmery shine, letting you achieve the perfect cheeky pop of colour.
Promising review: “Like almost all of you out there, I have a lot of blush. But this blush has the right amount of buildable pigmentation and a subtle gold glow which is not garish or inappropriate for the daytime. Even though this is not a dupe for the Nars Orgasm, I like this one MUCH better. The Orgasm is way too glittery on my aging complexion. – Momeramas”
20. Dubbed as the granddaddy of the bronzer world, the Wet N Wild Color Icon Bronzer ($12.90) will give you the natural looking sunset tan you’re looking for.
Promising review: “I picked up this bronzer a few months ago and I use it almost daily. I find it’s a great one for my low maintenance look. There is a slight shimmer to it but it’s not overdone. – teedums”
Last, but definitely not the least – lipsticks:
21. If you have dry lips, you should definitely try the Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick ($7.50). Its formula is creamy, smooth and absolutely comfortable to wear for an entire day. It is also highly pigmented and can last for hours.
Promising review: “It’s the best lipstick I’ve ever had. It’s so creamy and doesn’t dry at all – Shahrshah”
22. If you’re like us and are irritated whenever your lipstick transfers, you need to try the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Un-Nudes Lipstick ($17.90). It inks your lips in for up to 16 hours and has a supersaturated matte lip colour in 10 pretty unique pastel shades!
Promising review: “My first time buying this lipstick and I bought it in the shade Believer. It looks good on my brown skin. Received lots of compliments. This lipstick is amaaazing!!! It stays on ALL DAY LONG! Seriously! I can’t eat, drink, kiss and it will not budge! Maybe even better than high end liquid lipsticks.- dollface123”
23. The NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream ($16) is highly pigmented and one of the best matte lipsticks in the drugstore market. These lip creams also have an excellent staying power so you won’t have to worry about having to reapply it every few hours or so!
Promising review: “One of the best matte lip products I’ve tried. Very comfortable on the lips. Doesn’t give you that wrinkly “butt hole” lip look if you know what I mean. The product also melts into your lips and sets into a beautiful wash of colour. – Laurelwood”
24. Get the L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Matte Lipstick ($20) for the rich, matte colour you’ve always been hoping for. It is also very hydrating (despite it being matte) and smooth, making it really comfortable to wear out!
Promising review: “The texture is beautiful. It doesn’t feel drying. Even though it’s matte, you still have some moisture on your lips. I also love how smells. P.S. I’m planning on getting few more shades! – Johanna”
If you’re not that interested in makeup, check out this list of drugstore skincare products that many Singaporeans swear by!
Are there any other HG drugstore makeup products that we missed out? Let us know in the comments below!
New to Shopee? Get $7 off (min. spend $15) with code*: DMAKEUP
*TNC Applies. Valid for new users from 20 to 27 Aug only.