<![CDATA[Whether you’ve lived, visited, or yet to set foot on our sunny island, there’s one thing you must know about Singapore — our chilli crab dish is to-die-for! Your experience here isn’t complete if you’ve never tasted some of the best chilli crabs in Singapore! Hesitate no more, read on to avoid missing out on this irresistible delicacy!
1. Roland RestaurantThere’s no better way to kick start your journey for the best chilli crab in Singapore than visiting the Roland Restaurant! While we do admit that the restaurant has seen better days, customers seek familiarity in its homely, rustic Chinese banquet interiors making this the perfect place to bring the elderly! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/Rolandrestaurant/photos/a.532852663391866/532854443391688/?type=3&theater[/embed] Madam Cher Yam Tian, mother to the owner of Roland Restaurant, is the creator of this spicy crab dish back in the 1950s. Today, her son Roland Lim keeps her food creation alive by serving one of the best chilli crabs in Singapore with a sweeter twist! This is a dish bound to satisfy the entire family with its fresh and succulent Sri Lankan crab soaked in appetising orange gravy. You’d want to savour every drop with some deep-fried mantous (Chinese buns)! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/Rolandrestaurant/photos/a.503303443013455/611884425488689/?type=3&theater[/embed] Address: 89 Marine Parade Central, S(440089) Opening Hours: Mon – Sat: 11.30am – 2.30pm, 6pm – 10.30pm Sun: 11am – 2.30pm, 6pm – 10.30pm
2. Red House Seafood RestaurantAnother restaurant in Singapore with the best chilli crab in Singapore is Red House Seafood! Established since 1976, this is a restaurant with a rich history and influence over Singapore’s food culture. Priding itself as the true representation of Singapore’s vibrant cultural diversity, Red House Seafood Restaurant is the place to go if you’re looking for dishes that encompass flavours from the various ethnicities. [embed]https://www.facebook.com/RedHouseSeafood/photos/a.10150180611534552/10157941877999552/?type=3&theater[/embed] Crab lovers, rejoice! At Red House Seafood Restaurant, you can find a large selection of crab dishes ranging from the renowned Red House Chilli Crab that would delight your tastebuds with its spicy yet sweet flavours, to the Black Pepper or White Pepper crabs which are better alternatives for those who find it hard to stomach spicier food. If you’re looking for something different, go for the Salted Egg Yolk crab, which is doused in golden salted egg yolk sauce that would leave you wanting more! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/RedHouseSeafood/photos/a.10154131695804552/10154326689029552/?type=3&theater[/embed] Address: 68 Prinsep Street, S(188661) Opening Hours: 11.30am – 2.30pm, 5.30pm – 10.30pm Check out their other outlets at Robertson Quay and Clarke Quay here!
3. Seafood ParadiseGood food will always find its way into people’s hearts. This saying is especially true when it comes to Seafood Paradise. While they started out as a small hawker stall, Seafood Paradise has since cooked up a storm and grown phenomenally into a posh restaurant overlooking Marina Bay Sands. Don’t let its refined interiors keep you from getting down and dirty though! After all, there’s no better way to enjoy a plate of chilli crab than with your hands! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/ParadiseGrp/photos/a.127805552394/10151354282452395/?type=3&theater[/embed] As its name suggests, get ready to indulge in a feast of fresh catches from the sea when you visit Seafood Paradise! A must-have dish is their chilli crab, which features a perfect concoction of tangy, sweet and spicy flavours. Also, your trip to Seafood Paradise will not be complete without having a taste of their Creamy Butter Crab, served in a special creamy sauce featuring curry leaves, white pepper, lemongrass, chilli padi and coconut crumbs! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/ParadiseGrp/photos/a.122106057394/10150131215897395/?type=3&theater[/embed] Address: The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 8 Bayfront Avenue, #02-03, S(018955) Opening Hours: 11.30am – 3.30pm, 5.30pm – 11pm
4. Long Beach Seafood RestaurantAs the original creator of the best Black Pepper Crab in Singapore, you can be assured that Long Beach Seafood Restaurant won’t disappoint you when it comes to chilli crabs. Step into the wonders of the sea when you enter the restaurant because you’ll be greeted by large tanks of fresh and live seafood, enhancing your overall dining experience. [embed]https://www.facebook.com/longbeachseafood/photos/a.10159900204455237/10159900204530237/?type=3&theater[/embed] For those equipped with a spicier palate, you’ll be thrilled to find fiery hot chilli crabs at Long Beach Seafood Restaurant! Soaked in a thick sauce that’s flavourful and packs a mean punch, the chilli crabs at Long Beach Seafood Restaurant goes perfectly well with the deep fried golden mantous. Can’t bear the intense flavours? Try their signature Black Pepper Crab instead! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/longbeachseafood/photos/a.10154747134140237/10159700915560237/?type=3&theater[/embed] Address: 25 Dempsey Road, S(249670) Opening hours: 11am – 3pm, 5pm – 1am Check out their other outlets at Kallang, East Coast, IMM and Stevens Road here!
5. No Signboard Seafood RestaurantThere’s no need for an introduction when it comes to No Signboard Seafood Restaurant! This seafood restaurant built up its fame through word of mouth, upholding its good reputation for one of the freshest seafood in Singapore since the 1970s. The unfaltering quality of the dishes whipped up in this restaurant is what keeps the queue snaking even after 40 years! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/NoSignboardSeafood.VivoCity/videos/1880254238662044/[/embed] You can find the best chilli crab in Singapore at No Signboard Seafood Restaurant! Sparing consideration to the varying palates of its customers, the restaurant allows customers to customise the level of spiciness to their preference! Complete your feast with a plate of signature White Pepper Crab, created by the founder of the restaurant, Mdm Ong Kim Hoi! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/NoSignboardSeafood.VivoCity/photos/a.1749829195037883/1749828988371237/?type=3&theater[/embed] Address: VivoCity, 1 Harbourfront Walk, #03-02, S(098585) Opening Hours: 11am – 10.30pm Check out their other outlets at Clarke Quay, Esplanade and Geylang here!
6. Jumbo SeafoodJumbo Seafood is undoubtedly one of Singaporean’s top choices when it comes to finding the best chilli crab in Singapore! Since its opening in 1987, this seafood restaurant has received endless love from locals and tourists alike and is regarded as one of the landmarks in East Coast. Bask in the gentle sea breeze and indulge in the melodies of breaking waves, as you lay back and enjoy the fresh catches in this al fresco restaurant! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/JUMBOSeafood/photos/a.184936144965363/1607513522707611/?type=3&theater[/embed] It’s not the best chilli crab in Singapore if it’s without eggs. Layered generously with delicious roe and the signature bright orange tomato-based gravy, the chilli crabs here are flavoursome and juicy! Even the younger ones will enjoy the chilli crab at Jumbo Seafood as it is one of the least spicy renditions throughout the list. Hesitate no more, bring the whole family down for some balmy good time! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/JUMBOSeafood/photos/a.184936144965363/1462444627214502/?type=3&theater[/embed] Address: East Coast Seafood Centre, 1206 East Coast Parkway, #01-07/08, S(449883) Opening Hours: Mon – Fri: 5pm – 11.45pm Sat – Sun: 11.30am – 12am Check out their other outlets at Riverside Point, The Riverwalk, Dempsey Hill, Changi and Orchard here!
7. Mellben SeafoodThis family-run restaurant that serves one of the best chilli crab in Singapore started as a small seafood stall in its early days. Thanks to its mouth-watering recipes, Mellben Seafood has now developed into a restaurant chain with eight outlets all around our sunny island! This ensures that all Singaporeans can have a taste of their favourite chilli crab anytime, anywhere! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/MellbenSignature/photos/a.566019380125767/1621128221281539/?type=3&theater[/embed] You know you’ve found the right place for seafood once you see the big and succulent chilli crab placed before your eyes. Even though the chilli crabs here are spicier, it doesn’t overpower the sweet and tangy flavours of the tomato-based sauce. Once you’re done savouring the piquant sauce, have a go at their other popular dishes such as the Claypot Crab Bee Hoon, which boasts a rich broth and sweet custardy crab roe! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/MellbenSignature/photos/a.566019380125767/703981246329579/?type=3&theater[/embed] Address: 7 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, #01-105, S(081007) Opening Hours: Mon – Sat: 11.30am – 2.30pm, 5pm – 10.15pm Sun: 5pm – 10.15pm The foodie in you still isn’t satisfied after ingesting these heavenly spicy chilli crabs? You can satisfy your cravings anytime at home with these chilli crab flavoured products instead! Alternatively, opt for a change of taste and go for a round of hearty burgers at some of the best burger places in Singapore! ]]>