June school holidays free activities
1. Disney Pixar Toy Story Themed Carnival[caption id="attachment_27023" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] (Credit: Gardens By The Bay)[/caption] Is your child a fan of Toy Story? Or perhaps you are! Children’s Festival 2019 brings the much-loved Disney Pixar film to life with family-friendly games and holiday activities for your kids. Highlights include Bo Peep’s Adventure, a fun obstacle course for children, Star Adventurer, where kids ride in cars to charge Buzz and vibrant carnival booths featuring Woody and Jessie. This will also be a great prelude to the Toy Story 4 movie that’s releasing on 20 June! Address: Gardens by the Bay, 18 Marina Gardens Drive, S(018953) Date: 15 – 30 Jun Time: 10am – 9pm
2. Istana Open House[caption id="attachment_27037" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] (Credit: Elisa.rolle / WikiCommons)[/caption] Are your kids curious about what lies behind the big white building on the grounds of the Istana? Well, they don’t have to anymore! Bring them to the Istana Open House which only happens during Public Holidays. Your kids will definitely appreciate a tour of the Istana during the Hari Raya Puasa public holiday which falls on 5 June, within the June school holidays. The whole family can look forward to a variety of performances and a guided tour of the premise of this national building. Though the guided tours are chargeable, we think the $2 fee is little considering how infrequently the doors to the Istana open to the public. Just remember to be there early or be prepared for potentially long queues! Address: 35 Orchard Road, S(238823) Date: 5 Jun Time: 8.30am to 6pm
3. Gallery Children’s Biennale 2019[caption id="attachment_27025" align="aligncenter" width="794"] (Credit: National Gallery Singapore / Facebook)[/caption] The National Gallery is probably one of the best museums to bring your kids to this June school holidays. From Family Art Workshops to storytelling programmes the entire family can take part in together, this is one place you cannot miss! You might want to pencil in the June school holidays highlight; Gallery Children’s Biennale 2019. Get ready to marvel at the 11 imaginative artwork installations that include lanterns depicting Javanese fantastical characters and stunning Burmese-inspired houses to other performances, workshops and discussions happening over the first two opening weekends. Address: 1 St. Andrew’s Road, S(178957) Opening Weekends: 25 – 26 May, 1 – 2 Jun Time: 12noon – 5pm
4. Gardener’s Day Out[caption id="attachment_27026" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] (Credit: NParks / Facebook)[/caption] National Parks (NParks) has something really cool planned this June school holidays. Bring the entire family out for a day of gardening and lifestyle activities at HortPark. From a free garden tour of HortPark to storytelling and handicraft holiday activities for kids, your little ones will be able to pick up fun facts about our natural surroundings and how to better care for it. The NParks Pasir Panjang Nursery Plant Sale has also been a mainstay at every Gardener’s Day Out event. You never know, you might just walk away with a plant or two in a bid to improve your family’s green thumbs. Address: HortPark, 33 Hyderabad Road, S(119578) Date: 18 May, 15 Jun, 20 Jul Time: 9am – 3pm (for 18 May event)
5. Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden[caption id="attachment_27027" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] (Credit: Singapore Botanic Gardens / Facebook)[/caption] Did you know that the newly revamped Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden is Asia’s largest children’s garden? We love how it instils a love for nature in children in a fun and adventurous way. From a fox zip line to farm tours and experiential learning activities, spark curiosity and bring your budding naturalists to this garden during the upcoming June school holidays. If not anything else, we’re sure this is one fool-proof way to peel them away from the computer screens! Address: 481 Bukit Timah Road, S(259769) Opening Hours: Tues – Sun: 8am – 7pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
June school holidays paid activities
6. Cold Storage Kids Run[caption id="attachment_27028" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] (Credit: Cold Storage Kids Run 2019 / Facebook)[/caption] Why not channel all the energy of your little monkies into a run this June school holidays? Sign them up for Singapore’s first kids-focused run and let this be their first foray into the world of competitive running. Open for kids till age 12, this will be another way to prompt them to take interest in a sport and the importance of maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle. Feeling left out? Sign up for the Fruity Family Fun, a non-competitive 1.6km dash that’s also stroller friendly so no one gets left behind! Address: Palawan Green, Siloso Beach Walk, Sentosa Island Date: 2 Jun Time: 8am – 11am Price: Varies depending on race type. Details here.
7. Discovery Camps[caption id="attachment_27029" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] (Credit: Discovery Camps / Facebook)[/caption] Hands up if you love camps! Your kids will be spoilt for choice with a wide variety of camps to choose from at Discovery Camps. We’re talking about Multi Activity, Lego Robotics and Code Academy to Movie Maker, Actor Studio camps and many more! Choose the one that interests your kids the most and pack them off for 5 days of immersive learning and fun. With qualified and experienced teachers at the helm of each camp type, your child’s minds and worlds will be stretched at these June school holiday camps! Your child will also be served meals by a Michelin Star Chef — we reckon this well explains the camp’s hefty price tag! Address: Various locations Dates: Varies depending on camp type. Details here. Time: Mon – Fri: 9am – 3pm Price: $625 per child / week
8. Aviva SuperFunDae[caption id="attachment_27030" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] (Credit:Sueprfundae Singapore / Facebook)[/caption] Apart from enrolling your kids in holiday activities and camps, make it a point to spend time as a family this June school holidays. Aviva’s Superfundae is returning for a second year of thrills and spills. Get ready for Craycrayspray Water Play, fun outdoor quests like Milk Dash and Tug-of-Four. Your kids will also be able to hone their creative side with artsy workshops! What we love about this carnival is that it encourages families to gather in masses! So bring along your family, parents and even extended family members for some mega fam-bam time! Address: The Meadow, Gardens by the Bay, 18 Marina Gardens Drive, S(018953) Date: 15 Jun Time: 10am – 9pm Price: From $19 when you book online. Children below the age of 3 enter for free.
9. Singapore Zoo[caption id="attachment_27031" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] (Credit: Wildlife Reserves Singapore / Facebook)[/caption] This is probably the most favourite holiday activity for kids! Singapore’s award-winning zoo features over 2400 animals of over 300 species. Along with the popular interactive animal shows, your kids will particularly love the water activities, pony rides, taking a spin on animal carousels and interacting with cute farmyard animals — think bunnies, goats and even ferrets! If your older ones don’t seem excited to go to the zoo, then bring them to the equally popular Night Safari and get up close to the nocturnal animals! Save more and find cheap zoo tickets on Shopee before heading down! Address: 80 Mandai Lake Road S(729826) Opening Hours: 8.30am – 6pm (Last entry at 5.30pm) Price: Check out the ongoing deals here
10. Enchanting Unicorn Workshop – Pastel Nagomi Art Workshop by Simply Nagomi[caption id="attachment_27064" align="aligncenter" width="960"] (Credit: Enchanting Unicorn Workshop / Facebook)[/caption] Pastel Nagomi Art is a Japanese art form that’s known to provide healing and meditative benefits through the use of pastel colours and your bare fingers! Learn to paint the mystical, effervescent unicorn in this 3-hour Pastel Nagomi Art workshop with your child and emerge feeling lighter and refreshed! With all materials provided including a customised-sized frame for your art piece, all you have to do is turn up with your child and a zen state of mind this June school holidays! Address: Somewhere Up There, 30A Seah Street Downtown Core, S(188386) Date: 29 Jun Time: 10am – 1pm Price: $80/pax (check out with promo code to get a discount)
11. Paper Marbling Workshop[caption id="attachment_27032" align="aligncenter" width="960"] (Credit: Artefakts / Facebook)[/caption] Looking for some one-on-one time with your teen? Sign up for a one-day Paper Marbling workshop at Artefakts. Paper Marbling involves manipulating swirls in a thickened liquid with a gamut of tools like brushes, combs, sticks to create beautiful and creative patterns. If this is your first attempt at Paper Marbling, don’t fret! You’ll be guided with basic marbling techniques like stone, gel-git, peacock so you leave class with something you’ll be proud of. And if you aren’t successful, you would have at the very least spent some quality time figuring it out with your teen! Address: 90 Goodman Road, S(439053) Date: Every Saturday, till 20 Jul Time: Various timings Price: $70 – $195 We hope our list of holiday activities for kids has made planning the upcoming June school break less of a tedious task. Looking for even more ideas? How about bringing your little monsters to these free water parks or enjoying more Singapore activities for less? Staying indoors is also not a bad idea, but remember to keep your kids occupied in some way or another! Why not work on these easy arts & crafts projects with your little Picassos?
New to Shopee? Get $7 off (min. spend $15) with code*: JUNEHOLS * TNC Applies. Valid for new users from 27 May to 3 June only.]]>