If you’re a fan of K-Beauty, this brand probably needs no introduction. But, if you’re new to the scene, you’re probably asking yourself ma-mon-what? Well, Mamonde is a South Korean skincare and cosmetic brand owned by Amore Pacific. That means, it is a sister brand of famous names like Laneige, Innisfree and more. It is also the brand that K-Actress Park Shin Hye has been endorsing since 2015. So, what are the absolutely must-try products from Mamonde? Well, here are our recommendations: P.S. Your recommendations are welcomed too! Here are the recommended skincare products:
1. Rose Water Toner ($25)[caption id="attachment_27131" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Mamonde)[/caption] Of course, the cult favourite and highly raved about Rose Water Toner made of 100% organic Damask Rose has to be on this list. Raved about by many bloggers and vloggers, the Mamonde Rose Water Toner is known for its lightweight texture that gets quickly absorbed into the skin. It will moisturise dry and parched skin effortlessly and calm irritated and reactive skin. Well, plus points if you love the scent of roses too! How to use: After cleansing, dispense a small amount of product into your hand or moisten a cotton pad and gently wipe or apply onto face starting from the nose outwards. Gently pat any remaining product into skin. Suitable to be used in morning and evening. Promising Review: “My all-time favourite toner! Not only does it smells nice, it also helps remove the dirt from my face leaving my face feeling really refresh & clean!” Conor T.
2. Chamomile Toner ($25)[caption id="attachment_27130" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Mamonde)[/caption] If you suffer from sensitive skin, you’ll want to try the Mamonde Chamomile Toner that’s not only unscented but also mild enough. It contains only natural, soothing ingredients – Chamomile, D-Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Glycerin, Propanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol and Purified Water – that’s essentially engineered to calm and soothe your skin. How to use: After cleansing, dispense a small amount of product into your hand or moisten a cotton pad and gently wipe or apply onto face starting from the nose outwards. Gently pat any remaining product into skin. Suitable to be used in morning and evening. Promising Review: “I find this toner a treat! It smells great and is non-drying. The toner is also extremely soothing and calming to my skin which can sometimes be red and inflamed.” – Nicoler T.
3. Pore Clean Toner ($25)[caption id="attachment_27129" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Althea Malaysia)[/caption] Part of the same line as the Rose Water and Chamomile Toner, the Mamonde Pore Clean Toner is formulated with Euseoncho Tincture and West Coast Mud to deal with oily skin and stuffy pores problems. These ingredients mainly help to absorb sebum and impurities from the skin and tightens pores, helping to refresh your skin and make your skin look matte and less oily. How to use: After cleansing, dispense a small amount of product into your hand or moisten a cotton pad and gently wipe or apply onto face starting from the nose outwards. Gently pat any remaining product into skin. Suitable to be used in morning and evening. Promising Review: “My very first Mamonde product and I am very happy about it. It tones up my skin and also has a very nice scent. I recommended it to all my family and friends, and they loved it. Suitable for my skin combo (oily and dry). Would purchase again. 100% satisfied!” – Paris B.
4. Floral Hydro Ampoule Toner ($15.50)[caption id="attachment_27128" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Sephora Singapore)[/caption] Too lazy to add an ampoule step to your already-very-long skincare routine? If this is you, you’d love Mamonde’s Floral Hydro Ampoule Toner that is essentially a hydrating toner that features an ampoule texture from the Ampoule Texture Technology. It is formulated with the Water Cycle ™ technology to also give abundant hydration that is able to recharge dry skin with ample moisture that can only usually come with daily ampoule use. How to use: Apply the product by gently tapping into the skin. Suitable for use in the morning and night after the Serum step. Promising Review: “This product definitely starts off as a gel but magically turns into a watery consistency. I absolutely love the Floral Hydro Ampoule Toner. My dry skin was compatible with it making it nice and moisturised. Would love to try other products related to this brand!” – Jaron W.
5. Everyday Sun Stick ($22)[caption id="attachment_27126" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Mamonde)[/caption] You’ve probably seen this product flooding your social media feeds, especially when it’s a highly raved about product by radio personality, Kimberly Wang. And if you’re like us and absolutely hate the messy liquid and tacky feeling most sunblocks have, you’d love Mamonde’s Everyday Sun Stick, that was practically made for easy application on-the-go. On top of this, it is also SPF 50+ PA++++ which translates to really powerful protection from harmful UV rays. The sun stick is also made of Calendula Extracts, Madecassoside and Cotton Extracts, which essentially means that besides helping to protect your skin from the sun, it can also double up and help restore damaged skin and strengthen your skin barrier. How to use: Apply the product by smoothing the stick over the entire face or where needed as the final step of your skincare routine. Promising Review: “It is non-sticky and it leaves the skin very smooth! It does feel oil-based though. However, it is very easy to use and has a very high SPF and PA++++ compared to other sunblocks. Worth every cent!” – Sheridyn L. P.S. If you do not know what PA means, it simply means Protection Grade of UVA rays, which is used to measure the SPF of a sunscreen. This Japanese measurement ranking, which is now widely used, is based on the Persistent Pigment Darkening (PPD) reaction reading at 2 to 4 hours of sun exposure. Protective grade of sunscreen is often leveled as PA+, PA++, PA+++ with more plus signs translating to higher protection from UVA rays.
6. Everyday Aqua Sun Cream ($22)[caption id="attachment_27125" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Mamonde)[/caption] If you’re not a fan of sticks (as it can be pretty unhygienic), but still wish to get the level of protection that the Mamonde Everyday series provides, you can consider getting Mamonde’s Everyday Aqua Sun Cream which is essentially made of the same ingredients as the former and also packed with SPF 50+ PA++++. This means you’ll get the same high level of protection against UV rays and also the added benefits of Calendula and Cotton Extracts. Unlike other sun creams, it is also formulated to have a hydrating water splash texture so that it will go on the skin lightly and smoothly to deliver ample hydration! How to use: Apply the product evenly on the face and tap lightly to absorb. To be used as the final step of your skincare routine. Promising Review: “This sunscreen is a game changer. I’ve been looking for a sunscreen to wear underneath my makeup that doesn’t create a white caste, feel too thick/greasy/oily, and also one that doesn’t have an intense scent. This daily sunscreen fulfils all those goals and more! It applies really easy and blends well underneath my makeup. The formula also contains a broad spectrum SPF 50+ and I wear it when I know I’ll be under direct sunlight. When I wear it, it really feels incredibly light and I can’t imagine using any other sunscreen on my face.” – Ruth K.
7. Flower Lab Essence Mask ($3)[caption id="attachment_27132" align="aligncenter" width="500"] Mamonde)[/caption] Besides being just a pretty mask with amazing scents, Mamonde’s Flower Lab Essence Mask is an extremely adhesive mask that features various flower extracts (10 to be exact) in three different dorms of essences – jelly, serum or emulsion. Depending on your skin’s needs and your personal preference, you can get a mask that targets different problems from dull skin to dry/ dehydrated skin. Mamonde’s mask sheets also called “Light Fit Cell”, is made from the pulp of trees such as eucalyptus too. These cellulose sheets are soft and translucent, and more importantly, are able to adhere closely to the skin to retain moisture for longer periods. The 10 different masks are: Replenishing (Narcissus), Brightening (Magnolia), Hydrating (Rose), Firming (Camelia), Soothing (Calendula), Nourishing (Evening Primrose), Boosting (Honeysuckle), Illumination (Pomegranate), Moisturising (Hibiscus) and Exfoliating (Eoseongcho). How to use: After cleansing and prepping your skin with toner, adjust and smooth out the mask to fit your face. Remove the mask after 10 to 20 minutes and gently tap the remaining residue for full absorption. Promising Review: “Great and cheap! Really very moisturising and smoothing. The effects after I used the mask is subtle but better than I expected.” – Irene
8. Calming Hydro Sleeping Mask ($21)[caption id="attachment_27124" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Weekender Singapore)[/caption] The Mamonde Calming Hydro Sleeping mask is essentially a moisturising water-gel sleeping mask that is relaxing, calming and hydrating to the skin. This flower facial mask also contains real Calendula petals to help soothe and nourish the skin. It was formulated to melt into your skin and work its magic while you snooze away, letting you wake up to a hydrated and revitalised look by morning! If you had a hectic week or day, it will surely provide you with the necessary relief and nutrients. Plus points for its non-irritant and cool formula for Singapore’s humid weather too! How to use: Apply an appropriate amount and spread evenly over entire face, avoiding the eyes and lip area, as part of the last stage of skincare in the evening. Wash off in the morning. Promising Review: “This product is the last step in my nightly skincare routine. I love the feeling of it on my face. This was my first time using it and it stayed in my bag. I really love this product, I would definitely recommend trying this product!” – Maria G.
9. Triple Multi-Cleansing Foam ($8.93)[caption id="attachment_27123" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Kmall24)[/caption] If you’re a lazy person, you’ll definitely appreciate this 3-in-1 facial cleanser from Mamonde that removes make-up, sun cream and dead skin cells in just one step, revealing a fresher, brighter and clearer complexion. Made with Iris extracts, the cleansing foam also helps to control oil levels in your skin for a more balanced and even tone. It is perfect for lazy days when you don’t want to go through your entire skincare routine! How to use: Apply an appropriate amount and lather to create foam. Gently massage the foam onto face and wash off. Promising Review: “Can immediately feel that the face is stripped clean! But, strangely, it’s not drying at all!” – Janice W.
10. Lotus Micro Cleansing Foam ($11.90)[caption id="attachment_27122" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Tangs)[/caption] Experience how a truly clean face feels like with Mamonde’s Lotus Micro Cleansing Foam that is formulated to leave the skin feeling smooth and supple while thoroughly removing impurities and ultra-fine dust (PM 2.5). Despite this level of cleansing, it is somehow still able to keep the moisturising factor of the skin. Psst, this facial cleanser also apparently enhances the effect of the next skincare product, so kudos to that! Promising Review: “It smells really nice and lathers nicely too. To help make the product last longer, you should not squeeze out too much product when using. The cleansing foam also cleanses really well and does not leave a tight and squeaky feeling (which is actually not good for your skin!)” Eileen M.
11. Moisture Ceramide Light Cream ($45)[caption id="attachment_27121" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Kmall24)[/caption] If you’re suffering from oily skin but still require a sufficient amount of moisture, you’ll need to try out the Mamonde Moisture Ceramide Light Cream. It is essentially a deeply hydrating, lightweight cream that generates and retain moisture at the same time, supporting your skin’s natural moisture barrier. This fast-absorbing formula also acts instantly to refresh your skin while providing continuous moisture throughout the day. The cream also includes Hibiscus Extracts, which enables it to strengthen the skin’s batter to deliver moisture to the deepest layers of skin. Give it a go and apply it on your face. We assure you that you’ll feel like there’s almost nothing on your skin! How to use: Apply evenly all over your face. Use the palms of your hands to gently press and massage the skin. Using all fingertips, gently pat into your skin for full absorption. Promising Review: “I wasn’t sure if this would work for me, but I picked it up on a recommendation and am so glad I did. It’s very moisturising; I haven’t had any issues with dryness like I used to; I can even use less moisturiser now in tandem with my toner. I’m not a big fan of scents in my products and was concerned that it might irritate me, but my sensitive skin has had no issues at all. I’ve actually found it to be very soothing and nourishing.” – Ash And of course, the recommended make-up products:
12. Creamy Tint Colour Balm Intense ($16)[caption id="attachment_27120" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Kmall24)[/caption] One of Mamonde’s best-sellers, this 3-in-1 multifunctional crayon type lip pencil is packed with the intense colour of lipstick and the creamy velvety texture of a lip balm. It’s not too drying so you won’t face the problem of chapped lips after a few hours. At the same time, it also leaves your lips looking matte, but yet soft and plump. Apply the product on as a full lip colour or dab it on lightly for a gradient look. Psst, there are even 22 shades to choose from! Promising Review: “Such cute colours. It’s smooth and pays off nicely. It also stays moisturised on my lips for hours.” – Linda T.
13. Creamy Tint Squeeze Lip ($18)[caption id="attachment_27119" align="aligncenter" width="500"] ( Kmall24)[/caption] We’re pretty sure you’ve seen Mamonde’s brand ambassador – Park Shin Hye – use this liquid lipstick in her dramas and if you’re wondering what it is, it is actually one of Mamonde’s newer creations. This Creamy Tint Squeeze Lip is an innovative tube-type liquid lipstick that is highly pigmented and easy to apply. The creamy texture even contains Mamonde’s cult favourite Rose Water that leaves your lips feeling and looking smooth, plump and hydrated. Promising Review: “I got Orange Play and Chic Red. I just ordered Retro Rose too! I love the unique squeeze tube! And it really smells like roses! The colour is very nice on the lips and you can build it.” Betty K.
14. Highlight Lip Tint – Velvet ($18)[caption id="attachment_27118" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Star Secret Korea)[/caption] A highlight lip tint with a soft, velvety texture and finish. Many matte lip products are dry and patchy but this particular variant from Mamonde gives you the same matte finish, but with added moisture because of the infused flower oil containing rosehip oil, lavender oil, and orange oil. Promising Review: “I’m in love with color. It’s soft and nice on the lips. It doesn’t make my lips crack. It moisturizes the lips. I highly recommend.” – Hannah K.
15. Highlight Lip Tint – Matte ($18)[caption id="attachment_27133" align="aligncenter" width="500"] (Rose Rose Shop)[/caption] If you’re not a fan of velvet textures and finishes, you might want to get this highlight lip tint finishes more matte instead. It glides on the lip thinly and evenly with vivid colour. Psst, it also long-lasting and consistent. Promising Review: “Absolutely love the colour and smell! Planning to buy another shade already.” – Odelia L. Do you have any other product recommendations? Let us know in the comments below!
New to Shopee? Get $7 off (min. spend $15) with code*: BESTMAMONDE * TNC Applies. Valid for new users from 4 to 11 May only.]]>