Jewel Changi Airport – the place that has been spamming your social media feeds over the last few weeks since its opening on 17 April. To all our foodies, you’re surely intrigued by the many food outlets that are new to Singapore. But, besides these new food establishments, there are also other activities for one to partake in, such as taking your travel OOTD shots at these 9 spots around Jewel.
1. HSBC Rain Vortex[caption id="attachment_27210" align="aligncenter" width="667"] (shopeesg)[/caption] The main highlight of the Jewel Changi Airport that greets you the moment you enter the 100,000 square-meter complex. This 40 meters high waterfall is now the world’s tallest indoor waterfall and it makes the perfect backdrop for your OOTDs. By day, you’ll be mesmerised by the sun rays that catches the spray. By night, you’ll be stunned by the light-and-sound show that is projected onto the sheet of water. Either way, the HSBC Rain Vortex is one of the best spots for a spectacular OOTD shot. [caption id="attachment_27222" align="aligncenter" width="667"] (shopeesg)[/caption] Psssst! You can take your OOTD shots at the Flower Wall beside the Rain Vortex too if it gets too crowded there for a solo shot! Location: Heart of Forest Valley Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 12.30am
2. Shiseido Forest Valley[caption id="attachment_27212" align="aligncenter" width="667"] (shopeesg)[/caption] This attraction surrounds the HSBC Rain Vortex and is home to more than 900 trees and palms and about 60,000 shrubs. In the day, you can admire the landscape as its bathed in the natural sunlight and the mist from the indoor waterfall, giving you the mysterious vibes. As night falls, the indoor garden will be decorated with colourful spotlights, giving the trees a futuristic glow. We’ll recommend taking your OOTD shots here and tweaking the colours a little because we assure you, it’ll look super IG-worthy! Psst, besides being an OOTD spot, there is a walking trail in the valley for our explorers. Simply take a gentle hike up through the Shiseido Forest Valley to the Canopy Park on Jewel’s topmost level. Location: Shiseido Forest Valley (Entry and exit points available at every level) Opening Hours: 24 hours daily
3. Japanese Bamboo Grove at Forest Valley[caption id="attachment_27213" align="aligncenter" width="667"] (shopeesg)[/caption] Transport yourself right to the relaxing, tranquil landscape by heading over to the Japanese Bamboo Grove at Forest Valley. You might have to hunt around for it but we’re sure it’ll be easy, given that bamboo trees are rather different from the other tree variants. Simply pose for a photo and use the aesthetically pleasing bamboo trees and pebbles as a backdrop for the perfect OOTD shot. Location: Shiseido Forest Valley (Entry and exit points available at every level) Opening Hours: 24 hours daily
4. Immersion Garden[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9b0Dzligm/[/embed] The HSBC Rain Vortex is not only pretty from the ground level but also mesmerising from the basement level. We’ll recommend striking a pose in front of the waterfall for a dreamy museum-like aesthetic. Edit the photo nicely and together with the shadow play, you’ll get the perfect OOTD shot! Location: Basement 2 (Underneath the HSBC Rain Vortex) Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 12.30am
5. Link Bridge to T3[caption id="attachment_27216" align="aligncenter" width="667"] (shopeesg)[/caption] If you’re taking the train to Jewel, you’ll have to alight at the Changi Airport stop, enter Terminal 3 and walk toward Jewel via the Link Bridge. Just a word of caution, this is an extremely long link bridge but, fortunately for us all, it is also an excellent photo spot for your OOTD shot! Lined with long travelators that serve as excellent backdrops and long glass windows that give you the perfect natural light for your photos, this (technically) your first go-to spot when you reach Changi. With the right lighting and editing, your photo can look not only futuristic but also, depthful! Opening Hours: 24 hours daily
6. Cloud9 Piazza[caption id="attachment_27218" align="aligncenter" width="667"] (shopeesg)[/caption] From Cloud9 Piazza, which is also the highest level in Jewel, you can not only get a breath-taking bird’s eye view of the Shiseido Forest Valley, but also a whole new angle of the HSBC Rain Vortex. Together with the detailed design of the roof, which has large window panes for sunlight to shine through, this open space allows you to experiment with shadow play, giving your photos extravagant vibes from the eccentric but interesting geometric shapes. The designers of Jewel clearly thought it through because even the tiles on the floor are similarly shaped to the roof so that your OOTD shot can be geometrically perfect! Psst, for our camera enthusiasts, the Cloud9 Piazza is also a great spot for capturing wide-angle shots of the magnificence of Jewel! Location: Level 5 of the Canopy Park Opening Hours: 24 hours daily
7. Petal Garden[caption id="attachment_27205" align="aligncenter" width="750"] (shopeesg)[/caption] We’re called “The Garden City” and for good reason too. Head over to level 5 of the Canopy Park and be prepared to be wow-ed by a colourful flower bed of seasonal flowers that will surely add a splash of colour to your IG feed. And since it is on the topmost level of the Jewel, the natural light will cast interesting shadows from the roof’s geometric design, creating flamboyant vibes for your OOTD shot. Psst, we also read that the flowers will change every season. To all our flower fanatics out there, you know this is one place you’ll want to visit! Location: Level 5 of the Canopy Park Opening Hours: 24 hours daily
8. Mirrored Panes Outside the Bathroom[caption id="attachment_27347" align="aligncenter" width="750"] (The Smart Local)[/caption] Hands up if you also took photos using mirror reflections in the bathroom. Well, Jewel is taking it up a notch by placing mirrors outside the bathroom as well! Strike a pose in front of these mirrored panes for the perfect IG-worthy photo! Psst, besides these mirrored panes, we also heard that Jewel will be opening a Mirror Maze at the Canopy Park in June that will surely be as IG-worthy! Opening Hours: 24 hours daily
9. Discovery SlidesA clever mix of both artsy sculptures and a children’s playground, the Discover Slides at the Canopy Park is another must-go spot for your OOTD shots. We’ll recommend wearing a plain bright colour outfit that will compliment the wood and silver aesthetics of the place. Together with the reflection of the silver sculpture and shadow play from the roof, you’ll look stunning! [embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwb9y1wFShq/[/embed] Location: Level 5 of the Canopy Park Opening Hours: 24 hours daily Psst, have you caught our episode on these OOTD spots yet? Watch it here now: [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKJiDf-6s6g[/embed] And if you have any recommended spots that we’ve missed out, share them with us in the comments below!
New to Shopee? Get $7 off (min. spend $15) with code*: OOTDATJEWEL * TNC Applies. Valid for new users from 7 May to 14 May only.]]>