If you’re like many other undergrads out there who enter university #poor and #broke but still fortunate enough to land a room in one of the halls or residences, this is a how-to-decorate-your-dorm guide you should definitely bookmark (along with your class timetable). Here are 29 super useful and adorable things priced under $10 that will make your dorm a little more like home :’)
- Of course, Fairy Lights ($4.90), so that you can drape it over everything and anything.
- Add on these Cotton Ball Globe Lights ($3.39) that will make your room a hundred times prettier and cuter.
- An adorable Mini Humidifier ($9.80) that’s not only a humidifier but also a mini fan that might come in useful when your room doesn’t hair air conditioner or when it breaks down.
- Alternatively, you can get a larger Humidifier ($6.20) that can not only humidify the air in the room but also change colour, serving as an excellent room decoration piece.
- Live out your unicorn dreams with this Unicorn Lamp ($3.39) that comes in six different colours.
- Be pretentious AF and drink your Milo Peng out of this Mason Jar ($2.99) in the morning instead of the usual mug.
- Artificial Green Plants ($7.51) that will never die even if you neglect it for days when you’re mugging for upcoming exams.
- Grab a few Yankee Candles ($4.90) to make your room smell like Crisp Morning Air on Mondays, Salted Caramel on Tuesdays and Sparkling Cinnamon on the rest of the days.
- After a long day at school, we’re just too tired to even hold up our phones, which is why you’ll need this Flexible Lazy Mobile Phone Stand ($2.63).
- This Lazy Person Table ($7.21) will be your best companion when you’re mugging for your finals!
- After mugging for an entire night, you might be looking for a power nap. Get this U-Shape Travel Pillow With Cap ($5.92) that can only provide you with the neck support but also help reduce the sun’s glare.
- Calling out to all ARMYs, you will definitely want these adorable BT21 Character Plushies ($7.92) in your room!
- You will also want these minimalistic Metal Bluetooth Speakers ($5.60) that can accompany you through the night.
- Alternatively, these Wireless Bulldog Speakers ($9.99) will be the perfect watchdog-cum-wireless speakers while you mug (or party) through the night.
- Chuck away those long (and boring) mirrors and decorate your wall with these artsy-Scandinavian looking Hexagonal Shaped Mirrors ($1.20) instead!
- Craft your most encouraging message on this Message Board ($2.20) or perhaps just use it as the #wanderlust board every undergrad has. P.S. You can also use it to pin up all your memories in your dorm!
- If a felt message board doesn’t stick well with you, consider this Metal Mesh Photo Frame Grid ($8.32) that will also serve as the perfect board for your post-its, timetables, and most importantly, photos of your loved ones.
- These Mini Succulents ($1.18) will guarantee to accompany and will never die because they do not require any attention or water.
- Be the star of your dorm or hall with this pretty Star Projector Light ($4.60) that will get you any date you want.
- Get this Scratchable World Map ($3) because, #travelgoals!
- Party hard and smart with this Invertible Drink Dispenser ($1.70) so you wouldn’t even need to waste money on getting an extra dispenser or waste time on washing up after.
- If you’re all about aesthetics, then get this Tissue Box Cover ($1.41) that comes in five designs.
- Make your room a hundred times cosier with this Rug ($2).
- Or make it a hundred times cooler with this Moon Nightlight ($7.09).
- Get this LED Message Board Alarm Clock ($5.33) so that you will never be late or forget to attend any lectures or meetings again.
- Singapore might be safe, but you can always be a little more kiasu and install this Anti-Theft Sensor ($0.82) in your room!
- Sorry to break it you but when your mum isn’t around, you will need to do the cleaning yourself. And what better way to do it than to get a pair of Mop Slippers ($3.93) that can serve two purposes of cleaning the floor and keeping your feet clean and comfy!
- Get this Sealing Clip ($1.90) so that you can keep your chips and snacks fresh for a longer period of time.
- You will never lose your keys again with this Deer Hook ($1.87).
What are your other must-haves? Share them with us in the comments below!
New to Shopee? Get $7 off (min. spend $15) with code*: UNIHOSTEL
*TNC Applies. Valid for new users from 30 Aug to 6 Sep only.