Milo – a drink that resonates strongly with all Singaporeans, young and old. Other than being the holy grail morning drink, this delightful brown powder can also be used to create yummy desserts and cakes! Here are some easy to follow milo recipes for you to try out. Psst, we have included some no-bake Milo recipes so there’s no need to be a Masterchef to whip these up!
Easy to follow no-bake Milo recipes
Don’t have an oven at home but craving for desserts? Here are some easy to follow no-bake milo recipes to settle those cravings!
1. Milo Truffle Balls
- 250g plain biscuits (e.g. Marie, Digestive)
- 1 can (395g) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (100g) desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup (45g) Milo powder
- Extra coconut (to coat)
- Crush the McVitie’s Digestive Original Biscuits (available on Shopee Supermarket) until they resemble fine crumbs. Then place into a large bowl.
- Next, add the Milkmaid Full Cream Sweetener Condensed Milk, RedMan Desiccated Coconut and MILO Australian Recipe Powder (all available on Shopee Supermarket) into the large bowl and mix well
- Roll the mixture into teaspoon-sized balls
- Coat the balls in the extra coconut
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to five days
2. Milo French Toast
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Milo powder
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally 2cm thick
- 2 tbsp of olive oil or cooking spray
- Icing sugar (for dusting)
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add Marigold UHT Full Cream Milk and Milo Activ-Go Powder (both available on Shopee Supermarket) into the large bowl and whisk until combined
- Next, dip bread slices into the mixture
- Then, heat the Borges Classic Olive Oil (available on Shopee Supermarket) in a large nonstick frying pan
- Cook dipped bread slices over low heat for 3 minutes on each side
- Serve French toast with your favourite fruits and sprinkle with RedMan Icing Sugar (available on Shopee Supermarket) if desired
3. DIY No Churn Milo Ice Cream
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream or chilled all-purpose cream
- 415ml sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup Milo powder
- Pinch of spoon salt
- ½ tbsp of Vanilla extract
- Whip the Payson Breton Whipping Cream with the PowerPac Hand Mixer (both available on Shopee Supermarket) for about 3 minutes until creamy and airy
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, Milo Activ-Go Gaosiewdai, RedMan Vanilla Extract (both available on Shopee Supermarket) and a pinch of salt to the whipped cream
- Gently fold (not mix!) in all these ingredients to avoid deflating the whipped cream
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container to prevent air from affecting your ice cream’s creaminess. Allow it to freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.
4. Milo Pancakes
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 tablespoon of Milo powder
- Whisk Prima Plain Flour, Farmhouse Uht Fresh Milk, SIS Fine Sugar, RedMan Baking Powder, eggs and Milo powder together in a large bowl
- Spoon portions of mixed batter into a non-stick pan and cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes. Flip the pancakes carefully to cook the other side and serve.
5. No-Bake Milo Cheesecake
- 150g graham crackers
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
Milo cheesecake batter
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature
- 60ml milk, warm
- 88g Milo powder
- 5g gelatine powder
- 105ml whipping cream
- 110g sweet condensed milk
- 45g all purpose cream
- 22g Milo powder
- 1g gelatin powder
- 7ml water, hot
- 60g sweet condensed milk
- Milo nuggets
- Milo powder
- To make the crust, crush the M.Y. San Graham Crackers (available on Shopee Supermarket) until crumbly. Add SCS Unsalted Butter (available on Shopee Supermarket) to the crumbs and stir until well combined.
- Pour the crust into a springform cake tin and then press it down with the back of a spoon to form a firm, even base. Set the mixture aside in the fridge.
- To make the cheesecake batter, soften the Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the RedMan Mixing Bowl (both available on Shopee Supermarket) with an electric mixer or wooden spoon
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the Milo powder in warm milk and add Bake King Gelatine Powder (available on Shopee Supermarket). Stir until well combined.
- Add the dissolved milo powder into the cheesecake batter (step three) and mix well until creamy
- Whisk the whipping cream until stiff peaks form and gently add the whipped cream to the cheesecake batter (step five), folding the mixture until well combined
- Add sweet condensed milk and continue folding
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust in the springform cake tin. Cover with Daiwa Cling Wrap Film (available on Shopee Supermarket) and set in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours
- Make the Milo glaze by mixing Milo powder and gelatin powder with all-purpose cream. Then, add hot water and mix until everything dissolves before adding condensed milk.
- Allow the glaze to cool down before pouring it on top of your cheesecake. Tilt the cake tin to coat the entire cheesecake surface in glaze. Cover the cake tin with cling wrap again and allow the cake to set in the refrigerator for 3 hours (or overnight)
- When ready to serve, wrap a hot towel around the cake tin before releasing the spring foam to reveal your cheesecake. Add Milo Nuggets (available on Shopee Supermarket) and Milo powder as toppings to decorate the cake.
6. DIY Milo Nuggets
- 1 cup Milo powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- 50g chocolate
- Start by mixing Milo powder and RedMan Cocoa Powder (available on Shopee Supermarket) in a large bowl. Add Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup (available on Shopee Supermarket) and mix well. Set aside.
- Melt Hershey’s Creamy Milk Chocolate Bar (available on Shopee Supermarket) using a double boiler and add to the nugget mixture (step one). Mix everything together until it forms a semi-soft dough.
- Divide the dough into small balls and coat them in Milo powder. You can refrigerate them for a cooling sweet treat!
Easy to follow microwave Milo recipes
Did you know that you can make cakes using a microwave too? Take a look at these easy to follow microwave milo recipes!
7. Milo Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp of self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp of white sugar
- 3 tbsp of fresh milk
- 4 tbsp of Milo powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Brush a microwave-safe bowl with Golden Circle Vegetable Oil (available on Shopee Supermarket)
- Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Heat the mixture in a microwave oven for 3 minutes at medium-high setting
- (Optional) Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve the cake within 30 minutes
Easy to follow oven Milo recipes
Here are some easy to follow oven recipes for you to try out too!
8. Milo Chocolate Brittle
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup Milo powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the RedMan Silicone Parchment Paper (available on Shopee Supermarket) on a baking tray and set aside
- Whisk Blue Jacket All-Purpose Flour, Arm & Hammer 100% Pure Baking Soda (both available on Shopee Supermarket), cocoa powder, Milo powder and salt together in a bowl
- Melt butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high mode for 30 seconds
- After it cools down, stir in vanilla extract and egg white.
- Pour flour mixture (step three) into the egg white mixture (step five) and stir until combined
- Stir 3 tablespoons of Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (available on Shopee Supermarket) into the brownie batter
- Pour the batter onto the parchment paper and spread it as thin as the chocolate chips. Sprinkle the remaining two tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes or until firm all over and crispy on the edges.
- Set aside to cool completely on a cooling rack. Break into pieces once cooled to serve.
9. Milo Brownies
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 125g butter, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 70g (½ cup) Milo powder, plus extra, to dust
- 75g (½ cup) plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease a square 20cm (base measurement) cake pan and line the base and sides with baking paper
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water
- Stir the mixture until the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Then, add the chocolate mixture (step four) and gently fold in the Milo and flour.
- Pour mixture into the cake pan and bake for 40 minutes. Once done, set aside to cool before serving.
Whip up these easy to follow Milo recipes in a jiffy
From DIY milo nuggets to no-bake milo cheesecakes, we hope you will have fun trying out these easy to follow Milo recipes. For other recipes ideas, you can try out these Ricotta toast recipes to share on TikTok as well as these Korean recipes inspired by K-dramas like Squid Game. Get all your baking and cooking essentials at great sale prices online on Shopee Supermarket! If you’re still hungry, check out our list of best Taiwanese snacks and best Chinese snacks that you can get from Scarlett Supermarket!
This article was updated on 31 January 2022. Additional research done by Iris Tan.