For many of us, we grew up drinking Milo for breakfast, having Maggi for supper and taking a break with a Kit Kat. These Nestlé products are all around us and there are so many things we can actually do with them. If you’ve read our piece on the different Milo recipes you should already be trying, here are some sweet and savoury Nestlé recipes you can try, perfect for any time of the day:
For the sweet-tooth:
1. No Bake Kit-Kat Squares
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 225g of plain cookies
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk
- 340g of chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Nescafe Gold
- 3 packets of Kit Kat
- Prepare a pan by covering it with aluminium foil and brushing it with melted butter.
- Crush the plain wafer cookies into fine crumbs and add the melted butter. Subsequently, press the mixture in the bottom of your pan to form the cookie crumb base.
- Combine the chocolate chips, coffee grounds and condensed milk. Melt the mixture in the microwave until it is smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the top of the cookie crumb base.
- Crush your Kit Kat bars and spread them in the pan as the final layer.
- Cover and place the bars in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
2. Kit Kat Milkshake
- Combine the Kit Kat, ice cream and milk in a blender.
- Blend all three ingredients until smooth.
- Pour it into your favourite glass and add whipped cream and chocolate syrup to your heart’s desire.
3. Cereal Snack Cup
- Melt the butter over medium heat and add the honey. Once the mixture begins to thicken, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the cereal into the mixture. For added crunch and taste, you can consider adding nuts, raisins or m&ms.
- Place the finished mixture into cupcake moulds and bake in a preheated 170°C oven for eight minutes.
4. Milo Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons of self-raising flour
- 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of fresh milk
- 4 tablespoons of Milo powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Brush a microwave-safe bowl with vegetable oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
- Heat the mixture in a microwave oven for three minutes at a medium-high setting.
- (Optional) Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve the mug cake within 30 minutes.
5. Nestum Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 60g Nestum Cereal
- 150g semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 150g unsalted butter left to soften at room temperature for 10 minutes
- 140g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, Nestum Cereal and chocolate chips into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until everything is combined
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Form the cookies and place it in a 170°C preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until it is crisp and golden brown.
6. Ketchup Cupcakes
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup of Maggi Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons red food colouring
- ¾ cup of butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups of brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon into a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the ketchup, water and colouring.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy before adding the eggs. Add the flour mixture and ketchup mixture and stir together until combined.
- Place the batter into cupcake moulds and bake in a preheated to 180°C oven for 10 minutes.
7. Banana, Peanut Butter And Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup Nestlé Omega Milk With Oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk/almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup sliced banana
- Place oats, cinnamon, chocolate chips and chia seeds into a mason jar.
- Combine milk and vanilla extract. Pour into the jar on top of the oat mixture. Add peanut butter and honey to jar.
- Cover with lid and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Top with sliced bananas and enjoy!
8. Dalgona Coffee
- Place coffee powder, sugar and hot water into a bowl. Make sure the water is hot and boiling in order for the sugar and coffee powder to dissolve.
- Whisk the mixture with a electric whisk for 3 minutes or until it peaks.
- Scoop the creamy mixture into a cup of fresh milk and enjoy!
9. Cereal Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 60g vegetable oil
- 50ml fresh milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 180g NESTUM All Family Cereal Original
- 220g white sugar
- 20g NESPRAY Instant Fortified Full Cream Milk Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Whisk eggs, cooking oil, fresh milk and vanilla essence till well combined.
- Pour in the cereal, white sugar, milk power and baking powder and stir till well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into muffin cups, filling up to 3/4 full.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes, before dusting with icing sugar.
10. Coffee Jelly
- 4 cups boiling hot water
- 6 sachets Nescafe Gold Americano
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 28g gelatine powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 4tbsp honey
- In a large jug, add in hot water, Nescafe Gold Americano and white sugar. Still well till sugar is all dissolved.
- Put the liquid mixture onto a stove and turn on the heat to medium-high. When the mixture bubbles, turn off the heat and add in the gelatine powder. Stir until everything is fully dissolved.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a container, and allow the mixture to set in room temperature for about 30 minutes, before moving it into the fridge to set overnight.
- When the mixture is fully set, cut it into bite sized cubes and put into serving cups.
- Mix evaporated milk, fresh milk and honey and pour the mixture into the serving cups with the coffee jelly.
- Serve immediately.
If you don’t have much of a sweet tooth, here are 3 savoury recipes for you to satisfy your hunger pangs.
For the savoury palette lovers
11. Mashed Potato Pancakes
- 2 cups of Maggi Mashed Potato
- 1 egg
- ⅛ cup of flour
- Combine the mashed potatoes, egg and flour to make the batter.
- Pour an appropriate amount of batter into a hot pan and fry until it is brown on both sides.
12. Ramen Burger
- 2 packets of Maggi Noodles
- 2 eggs
- Ring of a mason jar or a round cookie cutter (to make the ramen buns)
- Patty, sauces and other ingredients to fill your burger
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions (without the seasoning). Drain and rinse the noodles.
- Toss the noodles with eggs and an appropriate amount of the seasoning.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, place the ring of the mason jar or a round cookie cutter on the pan and fill it with the noodle mixture, ensuring that the noodles are compact.
- Cook the patty until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Add the patty, sauces and other ingredients of your choice to make your perfect burger.
13. Cheese Ramen
- 1 packet of Maggi Noodles
- A slice of cheese
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Add a slice of cheese (or more) for an extra flavour and creaminess to your instant noodles.
Do you have any other Nestlé recipes to recommend? Share them with us in the comments down below!
Be sure to cart out your Nestlé products during the Super Mart Sale on Shopee, happening from 26th of September to 1st of October 2020!
This article was updated on 30 September 2020. Additional research done by Justyn Toh.
New to Shopee? Get $7 off (min. spend $15) with code*: NESTLE11
* TNC Applies. Valid for new users from 30 Sep to 10 Oct 2020 only.