For many of us, we grew up drinking Milo for breakfast, having Maggi for supper and taking a break with a Kit Kat. These Nestlé products are all around us and there are so many things we can actually do with them. If you’ve read our piece on the different Milo recipes you should already be trying, here are some sweet and savoury Nestlé recipes you can try, perfect for any time of the day:
For the sweet-tooth:
1. No Bake Kit-Kat Squares
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 225g of plain cookies
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk
- 340g of chocolate chips
- 3 packets of Kit Kat
- Prepare a pan by covering it with aluminium foil and brushing it with melted butter.
- Crush the plain wafer cookies into fine crumbs and add the melted butter. Subsequently, press the mixture in the bottom of your pan to form the cookie crumb base.
- Combine the chocolate chips and condensed milk and melt the mixture in the microwave until it is smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the top of the cookie crumb base.
- Crush your Kit Kat bars and spread them in the pan as the final layer.
- Cover and place the bars in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
2. Kit Kat Milkshake
- 1 packet of Kit Kat
- 2 cups of Dreyer’s Ice Cream (Or any kind of ice cream)
- ½ cup milk
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Combine the Kit Kat, ice cream and milk in a blender.
- Blend all three ingredients until smooth.
- Pour it into your favourite glass and add whipped cream and chocolate syrup to your heart’s desire.
3. Cereal Snack Cup
- 20g cereal (We recommend Honey Stars or Koko Crunch)
- 30g honey
- 30g butter
- (Optional) Nuts, raisins, Smarties
- Melt the butter over medium heat and add the honey. Once the mixture begins to thicken, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the cereal into the mixture. For added crunch and taste, you can consider adding nuts, raisins or Smarties.
- Place the finished mixture into cupcake moulds and bake in a preheated 170°C oven for eight minutes.
4. Milo Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons of self-raising flour
- 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of fresh milk
- 4 tablespoons of Milo powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Brush a microwave-safe bowl with vegetable oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
- Heat the mixture in a microwave oven for three minutes at a medium-high setting.
- (Optional) Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve the mug cake within 30 minutes.
5. Nestum Chocolate Chip Cookieddsjda
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 60g Nestum All Family Cereal
- 150g semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 150g unsalted butter left to soften at room temperature for 10 minutes
- 140g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, Nestum Cereal and chocolate chips into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until everything is combined
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Form the cookies and place it in a 170°C preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until it is crisp and golden brown.
6. Ketchup Cupcakes
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup of Maggi Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons red food colouring
- ¾ cup of butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups of dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon into a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the ketchup, water and colouring.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy before adding the eggs. Add the flour mixture and ketchup mixture and stir together until combined.
- Place the batter into cupcake moulds and bake in a preheated to 180°C oven for 10 minutes.
If you don’t have much of a sweet tooth, here are 3 savoury recipes for you to satisfy your hunger pangs.
For the savoury palette lovers
7. Mashed Potato Pancakes
- 2 cups of Maggi 5-Min Mashed Potato
- 1 egg
- ⅛ cup of flour
- Combine the mashed potatoes, egg and flour to make the batter.
- Pour an appropriate amount of batter into a hot pan and fry until it is brown on both sides.
8. Ramen burger
- 2 packets of Maggi 2-Min Noodles
- 2 eggs
- Ring of a mason jar or a round cookie cutter (to make the ramen buns)
- Patty, sauces and other ingredients to fill your burger
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions (without the seasoning). Drain and rinse the noodles.
- Toss the noodles with eggs and an appropriate amount of the seasoning.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, place the ring of the mason jar or a round cookie cutter on the pan and fill it with the noodle mixture, ensuring that the noodles are compact.
- Cook the patty until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Add the patty, sauces and other ingredients of your choice to make your perfect burger.
9. Cheese Ramen
- 1 packet of Maggi 2-Min Noodles
- A slice of cheese
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Add a slice of cheese (or more) for an extra flavour and creaminess to your instant noodles.
Do you have any other Nestlé recipes to recommend? Share them with us in the comments down below!
New to Shopee? Get $7 off (min. spend $15) with code*: NESTLERECIPES
* TNC Applies. Valid for new users from 17 to 24 July only.