Chicken has been a staple protein in diets around the world for centuries, and for good reason! It’s a versatile, affordable, and delicious ingredient that can be prepared in countless ways. The Chicken fillet recipe, in particular, is a modern take on traditional chicken dishes. It originated in the United States in the 1950s and quickly became a popular choice for families looking for a quick and easy dinner option.
Grilled chicken fillet recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- Begin by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, basil, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the chicken, rubbing it in to ensure that it’s evenly distributed.
- Cut the lemon into even slices on a cutting board (available on mason.market Official Store).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (available on Metro Official Store) or frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and lemon slices. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the chicken broth and butter to the same pan, stirring constantly until the butter is melted and the sauce is heated through.
- Return the chicken to the pan, spooning the sauce over the top. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the chicken is coated in the sauce and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and serve immediately, garnished with additional lemon slices if desired.
Pro Tip: Don’t overcrowd the pan when cooking the chicken. This can cause the chicken to steam instead of searing, resulting in a less crispy exterior.
How to vary your chicken fillet recipe
Experiment with different spice combinations to make this chicken fillet recipe your own. Try using five spice powder or cardamom powder to give the chicken fillet an herby taste. Alternatively, go with some honey to add a sweet glaze. And if you’re feeling bougie, substitute your chicken broth with white wine.
How long can you store your chicken fillet?
You can always freeze the cooked chicken fillet in the refrigerator. But you’ll first have to store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with aluminium foil. And you’ll be able to keep your cooked chicken fillet for up to four months! If you’re simply leaving it in the refrigerator to chill, just remember to store them well and they’ll be good for about three to four days. The most important thing is to quickly chill or freeze your cooked chicken fillet within two hours, otherwise, it’s best to toss them out.
Dig in with the best chicken fillet recipe
After your chick-licious fillet, it is vital to be equipped with the best cookers and induction cookers to better fry your chicken. Cookers are essential tools for any home cook or professional chef. This tool makes cooking easier and more efficient. Without them, preparing meals would be a much more difficult and time-consuming task.